Computer-Based Testing Services (CBT) is dedicated to providing high-stakes, nationally standardized computer and paper-based academic and certification examinations to assist students, staff, and community test-takers to realize their personal, educational and professional goals. Testing services are provided at the highest level of professionalism through high quality customer service in an environment that is conducive to test-taker success. Computer-Based Testing Services adheres to the National College Testing Association's (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
The vision of Computer Based Testing in the Division of Student Affairs is to values assessment and evaluation and to use the results to inform strategic decision-making for continuous improvement.
- To be a Division of Student Affairs which values continuous improvement and evidence-based decision-making
- To provide a system of assessment services that effectively meets the needs of constituents in the DSA, participating in local and national testing, benchmarking and continuous improvement activities
- To have a successful, professional, staff with a commitment to excellence, providing services at the highest level of professionalism and using planning and assessment to improve effectiveness throughout the DSA
- To continue to comply with testing procedures set forth by Educational Testing Services and other testing clients as well as maintaining the standards of the National College Testing Association.
- To develop a plan for growth of services offered to the campus community, including computer and internet-based testing and new tests offered to incoming freshmen students, graduate students and others
- To increase student and prospective student usage of testing services offered on campus through CBT.
Major Programs and Service Areas
Assessment services provides coordination, leadership, and education for assessment of programs and services in the Division of Student Affairs. Coordinates participation of campus and national surveys and utilizes national benchmarking data for evaluation.
National standardized exams to facilitate students in pursuit of their educational and professional goals are administered. These exams are provided in an environment that is conducive for testing and which provides information for faculty and staff to assist students to reach the next level of academic success.